- Medicine of quinine is produced by—
- eucalyptus plant
- aconite plant
- cinchona plant
- money plant
- Chief source of energy in environment is—
- fire (B) moon
(C) sun (D) stars
- When trees are cut, amount of oxygen ?
- both (A) and (B)
- remains same
- Process through which plants reproduce—
- 71% of earth surface is covered with—
- land (B) air
(C) water (D) coal
- A natural phenomenon that becomes harmful due to pollution is—
- global warming
- ecological balance
- greenhouse effect
- The pollutant responsible for ozone holes is—
- C02 (B) S02
(C) CO (D) CFC
- One of the best solutions to get rid of non-biodegradable wastes is—
- burning (B) dumping
(C) burying (D) recycling
- Animal dung is……..
- Toxic ;
- Which of the followihg is biodegradable?
- Iron nails.
- Plastic mugs
- Leather belts
- Silver foil
- Which of the following is non- biodegradable ?
- Animal bones
- Tea leaves
- Name one non-biodegradable waste which may pollute the earth to dangerous levels of toxicity, if not handled properly.
- Radioactive substances
- In a lake polluted with pesticides, which one of the following will contain the maximum amount of pesticides ?
- Small fish
- Microscopic animals
- Big fish
- Water birds
- Name the substance whose accumulation in pelicans of Lake Michigan led to the formation of thin shells of their eggs—
- CFC (B) PAN
(C) DDT (D) PAC
- Air pollution causes—
- global warming
- acid rain
- All of the above
- Deforestation is one of the sources of pollution because—
- it increases the oxygen levels produced
- it decreases the Carbon dioxide
- it causes fertilizers to wash away in the water
- it decreases atmospheric power to absorb carbon dioxide
- Oil spills are a source of pollution for—
- land and water
- land and air
- air and noise
- Which of the following indicates the types of soil erosion in decreasing order of damage caused in India ?
- Ravine erosion and gullies, alkalinity and salinity, weeds and water-logging
- Alkalinity and water-logging, ravine erosion and weeds
- Water-logging, weeds, salinity and ravine erosion
- All are equally damaging
- Which of the following States has very little alluvial soil ?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- The soils of the Plains have not been derived—
- from the Himalayan rocks
- from the Peninsular rocks
- only from the r$>cks existing locally
- from material brought by the rivers
- Match the following types of soil and regions where they are found in India—
|1.||Highland areas Plateau||of the|
|2.||Periphery of the Plateau|
|3.||Deccan lava tracts|
|4.||River basins and plains||coastal|
- Which of the following soils is formed under typical monsoonal conditions ?
- Black soils
- Red soils
- Laterite soils
- None of the above
- Which of the following is incorrect ?
- Red soils are rich in iron
- Black soils are rich in phosphorus, nitrogen and organic matter
- Alluvial soils are rich in potash but poor in phosphorus
- Red soils are suitable for cultivation of pulses and coarse grains
- Which is the chief characteristic of the soil of the Indo-Gangetic plain ?
- It is derived from Himalayan rocks
- It is rich in humus
- It is formed of peninsular rocks
- It is derived from local rocks
- Where in India would you find endemic flora ?
- Gangetic Plains
- Peninsular areas
- Thar desert
- II and III (B) I only
- III only (D) II and IV
- Assertion (A) : Most of the ‘exotics’ or plants that have come to India from outside are trouble some weeds which thrive here. Reason (R) : They have no ‘natural’ enemies of their home land to curb them in their new habitat.
- (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not a correct explanation of (A)
- (A) and (R) are true and (R) correctly explains (A)
- (A) is true but (R) is untrue
- (A) and(R) are both incorrect
- Mahogany, Jamun, Bamboo, and Palm are typical of Wet Evergreen vegetation to be found in—
- Southern Sahyadris
- Hill regions of Shillong plateau
- I and III (B) II and III
- II only (D) I and II
- Tropical moist deciduous vegetation is to be found in Sahyadris, north-east plateau of the Peninsula, and in the Shiwaliks. Which of the following is not a tree species of this group ?
- Teak (B) Sal
(C) Sandalwood (D) Deodar
- The Indo-Gangetic plains of India are fertile due to—
- the heavy and timely rains and forests
- alluvial soils brought by the rivers from the mountains
- hard labour of the farmers over the generations
- better irrigation facilities
- Which one of the following statements about forests is not correct ?
- Forests in the equatorial regions of India are less dense than the monsoon forests
- Coniferous forests of high latitudes yield soft wood
- Large-scale exploitation of forests has caused soil erosion and repeated floods
- Between 2000 m and 3000 m. elevation on the Himalayas grow deodar, chinar, and walnut
- Which state has very little alluvial soil area ?
- Tamil Nadu
- Madhya Pradesh
- West Bengal
- One area in which peaty soil is found is—
- Kashmir valley
- Madhya Pradesh
- Where is the greatest variety of flowers found ?
- Uttar Pradesh hills
- The evergreen variety of the
tropical rain forest is found in—
- Assam (B) West Bengal
- Odisha (D) All of these
- Khaddar soils are found
- in piedmont plains
- in flood plains
- over low plateaux
- over steep slopes
|1.||(C)||2. (C)||3. (A)||4. (C)||5. (C)|
|6.||(C)||7- (D)||8. (D)||9. (A)||10. (C)|
|11.||(B)||12. (C)||13. (D)||14. (C)||15. (D)|
|16.||(D)||17. (B)||18. (A)||19. (B)||20. (C)|
|21.||(D)||22. (C)||23. (B)||24. (A)||25. (A)|
|26.||(B)||27. (D)||28. (D)||29. (B)||30. (A)|
|31.||(C)||32. (C)||33. (B)||34. (D)||35. (B)|
Continued from Page 109
- After RBI’s Monetary Policy 2016-17, the difference between repo rate and reverse repo rate becomes—
- 25 bps (B) 50 bps
- 100 bps (D) No difference
- What is Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) as per RBI’s Monetary Policy 2016-17 ?
- 3-5% (B) 3-75%
- 4-0% (D) 4-25%
- What is true for Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) as per the Monetary Policy 2016-17 annoqnced on April 5, 2016 ?
- Reduced by 25 bps
- Reduced by 50 bps
- Reduced by 75 bps
- No change
- What is Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) e.f April 2, 2016 ?
- 21-0% (B) 21-25%
- 21-5% (D) 21-75%
(Trade and Industry)
- (B) (D) 3. (B) 4. (C) 5. (A)
- (C) (B) 8. (B) 9. (D) 10. (A)
- (B) (C) 13. (D) 14. (D) 15. (B)
- (C) (A) 18. (B) 19. (C) 20. (D)
- (B) (B) 23. (C) 24. (C) 25. (B)