|Principles/Ob jecti ves
|• Atmiya Sabha (Spiritual Society)
||Ram Mohan Roy
||Monotheism and goodness of an almighty God.
|• Brahmo Samaj
||Ram Mohan Roy, Devendra Nath Tagore, Keshab Chandra Sen
||Reacted against Social Stagnation, interpretated religion with reason and logic, opposed idol-worship and priesthood.
|• Tattvabodhini Sabha
||Devendra Nath Tagore
||To disseminate truths about the supreme existence and immutable reality.
|• Dharma Sabha
||Radha Kanta Deb
||To Counter Brahmo Samaj Movement.
|• Young Bengal Movement
||Henry Vivian Derozio
||Ideas of equality, liberty, fraternity and to live and die for truth and advocated the human reason.
|• Prarthana Samaj
|M. G. Ranade, Atma Ram Pandurang,
|Removing the evil social customs and practices such as untouchability, child marriage etc.
|• Radha Swami Movement
||Tulsi Ram (Shiv Dayal Saheb)
||Supremacy of Guru and spirit of service and all religions are true.
|• The Veda Samaj
||To stop caste distinctions and evil social customs.
|• The Shuddhi Movement
||To purify Hindus who had converted into Islam and Christianity.
|• Servants of India Society
||Gopal Krishan Gokhale
||To prepare the Indian masses for dedication to social service.
|• Lokhit Wadi
||Gopal Hari Deshmukh
||Urged the people to be self restraint, to seek western education and advocated the upliftment of women.
|• Rahnumai Mazdaya- sanan Sabha
||Dada Bhai Naoroji, Naoroji Furdonji, J.B. Wacha and S.S. Bangali
||Restoration of Zorastrian religion in its purest form.
|• Seva Sadan
||Behramji M. Malabari
||Welfare of the socially deprived people especially women.
|• Theosophical Society
||Adyar (In India)
||Madam H.P. Blavatsky, H.S. Olcott, Annie Besant
||Advocated equality and fraternity of all men, endorsed Hindu beliefs of reincarnation, karma, yoga and immortality of soul.
|• Ramakrishna Mission
||Swami Vivekanand, Swami Ramakrishna Paramahansa
||All religious are true, opposed the evils of untouchability, caste-system, superstitions “and advocated upliftment of women in society.
|• Satya Shodhak Samaj
||Worked against the evil of untouchability and oppression of the upper caste on the lower castes.
|• Arya Samaj
||Believed in the infallibility of the vedas, opposed the idol-worship, reincarnation of God theory, opposed child marriage.
|• Aligarh Movement
||Sir Syed Ahmad Khan
||Advocated education to all including women, opposed polygamy, illiteracy and other social evils, believed in rational and scientific views.
|• Deoband Movement
||Muhammad Qasim Nanautavi and Rashid Ahmad Gangohi
||Presented Islam in its pure form based on the Quran and life of the last prophet Muhammad(s).
|• Justice Party
||T.M. Nair, Sri Pitti Theagaraja Chettiar, and Ramaswamy Naicker
||Fight against the evil of untouchability and Brahmin dominance in the society believed in social equality.
|• Bahishkrit Hitakarini Sabha
||Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
||Social upliftment of Lower Castes, eradication of the evil of untouchability and equal status to all.
|• Harijan Sevak Sangh
||Mahatma Gandhi, Ghanshyam Das Birla
||Uproot the evils of untouchability.
|• Nirankari Movement
||Baba Dayal Das
||Emphasized the worship of formless God, opposed idolatry, consumption of meat and liquor and other social evils.
|• Namdhari Movement
||Baba Ram Singh, Balak
||Advocated equal social status to women, widow
||remarriage and opposed idol-worship etc.
|• Singh Sabha
||Thakur Singh Sandha-
||To restore the purity of Sikh religion, popularize the
||walia and Giani Gian Sabha
||use of Punjabi etc.
|9 Ahamadiya Movement
||Mirza Ghulam Ahmad
||Believed in a universal religion, opposed holy war against the non-Muslims etc.
|9 Aravipuram Movement
||Sri Narayan Guru,
||Essence of all the religions is one and condemned
||Dr.Palpu and Kumaran
||animal sacrifices, liquor consumption and obscene
|• Seva Samiti
||Hridaya Nath Kunjru
||Social service during natural calamities, spread education, reform criminals.
|• Social Service League
||Narayan Malhar Joshi
||Securing better life and work for the masses.
|• Indian National Social
||M.G. Ranade, Raghu-
||The social reform cell of Indian National Congress,
||attached with pledge movement.
|• Satnami sect at Chha-
||Guru Ghasi Das
||Equality of human being, belief in a single true God
||and absention from liquor, meat, drugs etc.
|• Madras Hindu Association
• Deva Samaj
||Mrs. Annie Besant
||Social purity movement, opposed Devadasi System.
||Shiv Narain Agnihotri
||Supremacy of Guru, ideal social conduct.
|• Sangat Sabha
||Keshav Chandra Sen
||To discuss social and spiritual problems of the day.
|• Brahmo Samaj of India
||Keshav Chandra Sen
||Social and Moral reformation of India.
|• Indian Reform Assoc-
||Keshav Chandra Sen
||To create public opinion against child marriages and
||improve the social status of women.
|• Deccan Education
||M. G. Ranade, G. G.
||Social reform and expansion of education.
||Agarkar, V. G. Chib- donkar
|• Madras Hindu Associa-
||Social purity movement and oppose to Devadasi
|• Bharat Dharma Maha-
||Apex organisation of the orthodox Hindus.
||Malviya, Pt. Din Dayal Sharma
|• Poona Seva Sadan
||G.K. Devadhar and Ramabai Ranade
||Economic upliftment of the women.
|• Nishkam Karma Math
||D. K. Karve
||All round upliftment of women.
|• Satya Mahima Dharma
||Believed in existence of one deity : Alakh Param
|• Swami Narain Sect
||Advocated vegetarianism, monotheism and pure and simple life.
|• The Bharat Dharma
||Pandit Din Dayalu
||For the defence of Hinduism from both within and
|• DAV Education Move-
||Lala Hans Raj
||To spread the ideas ofArya Samaj.
|• Jat Pat Todak Mandal
||Condemned caste system
|• Param Hansa Mandali
||Dadoba Pandurang, Bal
||Denied the caste system and Brahmanical monopoly
|• Society for Social
||Widow remarriage, female education and against
|Reform (anti nautch movement)
||hiring dancing girls.
|• National Social Con-
||M.G. Ranade, Ramabai
||Emancipation of women.
|• Sharda Sadan
||Upliftment and Education of widows.
|• Mahakali Pathshala
|• The Arya Mahila Samaj
||Provide support to newly educated women.
|• The Bharat Shree Maha-
||Sarla Devi Chaudhrani
||To promote the common interest of women.
|• The Women’s Indian
||Classes for sewing, first aid for women.
|• The National Council of
||For the advancement of women.
|Women for India
|• The All India Women’s
||Most truly women organisation which spoke for all
||women in India.
- At end-December 2015, the foreign debt on India stood at—
- $ 483-2 billion
- $ 480-2 billion
- $ 478-3 billion
- $ 475-6 billion
- At end-December 2015, the percentage share of short-term debt in India’s total foreign debt was—
(C) 17-8% (D) 17-0%
- The share of concessional debt in total foreign debt at end-March 2015 was 8-8% which at end- December 2015 became—
- Remained uncharged at 8-8%
- The ratio of short-term external
debt to foreign exchange reserves at end-December 2015 stood at—
(C) 23-3% (D) 24-2%
- India’s foreign exchange reserves
provided a cover of……. per cent
to total external debt stock at end-December 2015.
(C) 79% (D) 81%
- Recently IMF has revised its quota composition for different nations. What is true for India’s quota ?
- It remained unchanged at
- It has been decreased to 2-14%
- It has been raised to 2-7%
- It has been raised to 2-95%
- After India’s quota revision in IMF, the percentage voting right for India now stands at—
(C) 2-8% (D) 3-0% ,
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwal Yojana is related to—
- Provide electricity connection to BPL families
- Provide LPG connection to BPL families
- Clean the villages
- None of the above
- The interest rate on PPF w.e.f. April 1, 2016 has become—
(C) 8-3% (D) 8-1%
- The interest rate on Kisan Vikas Patra before April 1, 2016 was
8-7% which now changed to…….
per cent w.e.f. April 1, 2016.
(C) 8-3% (D) 8-5%
- According to CPSE Survey 2014-
15, there were………. CPSEs in
2014-15, out of which……… were
(C) 298,241 (D) 299,235
- Out of 235 central public sector
enterprise how many CPSUs earned profit during 2014-15 ?
(C) 157 (D) 163
- On which of the following taxes has 0-5% agriculture welfare cess been imposed in Budget 2016-17 ?
- Income Tax
- Corporate Tax
- Excise Duty
- Service Tax
- As per the CSO’s estimates, the per capita income in India (at current prices) during 2015-16 stood at—
(C) ? 86,879 (D) ? 93,231
- As per CSO’s estimates, the per capita income in India (at constant prices 2011-12) for the year 2015-16 stood at—
(C) ? 86,879 (D) 193,231
- What is the GDP growth rate in India for 2015-16 as per CSO’s estimates ?
(C) 7-6% (D) 8-2%
- The expected real growth rate in per capita income of India during 2015-16, as per estimates of CSO, stood at—
(C) 7-6% (D) 8-2%
- Which of the following states secured the top position in Public Affairs Index (PAI) this year ?
- Tamil Nadu
- According to the second advance foodgrain estimates for the year 2015-16, the total foodgrain production has been estimated at—
- 258-32 million tonnes
- 255-13 million tonnes
- 253-16 million tonnes
- 255-36 million tonnes
- The total rice production in 2015- 16 as per second advance food- grains estimates has been estimated at—
- 110-16 million tonnes
- 108-32 million tonnes
- 105-52 million tonnes
- 103-61 million tonnes
- What is true for RBI’s Monetary Policy 2016-17 announced on April 5, 2016 ?
- Repo rate reduced by 50 bps
- Repo rate reduced by 25 bps
- Repo rate fixed at 6-75%
- No change in repo rate
Continued on Page 114
|“You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.”
- There is a controversy over 5 / 20 rule. What does the rule say ?
- Only those Indian Carriers that have a 20-aircraft fleet and have operated in the domestic sector for five years can fly abroad
- In the restructuring of bad debts of corporate sector the lender has an option to recaste the interest rate after 5 years’ interval
- There must be five women directors in a corporate where the number of directors are 20 or more
- Initially airlines working in India must have 20 aircrafts and out of those five must be 200 seaters
- Present day leaders on and often face VUCA. Which of the following does not fit in it ?
- Under reporting
- Government of India launched ‘Setu Bhartam’ on March 4, 2016. Which of the following statements is incorrect about it ?
- It aims to make all National Highways free of Railway crossings by 2019
- Railway Over Bridges / Railway Under Bridges will be constructed
- The cost of the project is ? 20800 crore
- The project will be implemented by Indian Railways
- Who has been chosen for 47th Dada Saheb Phalke award ?
- ‘Bharat Kumar’ Manoj Kumar
- Anupam Kher
- Kamini Kaushal
- Sachin Bhaulffik
- World’s first and so far the only trillion dollar company—
- Petro China
- Exxon Mobile
- ‘Kash’ is the payment system based on—
- Direct Debit
- Fingerprint ID
- ‘Plaza Accord’ of 1985 is best known for its primary role in shaping—
- Stock Market
- Bond Market
- Commodity Market
- Currency Market
- Recently introduced ‘One Time Mandate’ feature is currently
being promoted mainly by……….
- Insurance Companies
- Stock Brokers
- Mutual Funds
- Payment Banks
- Primary deficit is equal to—
- Budget Deficit-interest payment
- Fiscal Deficit- Interest payment
- Revenue deficit-interest payment
- Fiscal Deficit – Disinvestment proceeds
- The Tontine Coffee House is regarded as the precursor to—
- London Stock Exchange
- New York Stock Exchange
- Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- ‘Ant Financial’ is an affiliate of—
(C) Alibaba (D) Uber
- Which of the following was the first film studio listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange ?
- Prabhat Films
- K. Studio
- Bombay Talkies
- Mukta Arts
- Otis Elevators and Carrier Air Conditioner brands are owned by—
- United Technologies
- General Electric
- Donald Trump
- As per SEBI’s latest guidelines who will be tagged as the ‘Wilful Defaulter’ ?
- Deliberate non-payment of dues despite adequate cash flow and net worth
- Siphoning of funds to the detriment of the defaulting unit
- Disposal / Removal of securities without bank’s knowledge
- All of the above
- Which of the following nuclear power plant units was shut down in the first second week of March 2016 due to leakage in primary heat transport system ?
- Kalpakkam Nuclear Power Plant
- bj^rora Nuclear Power Plant
- Kakrapar Nuclear Power Plant
- Rawatbhata Nuclear Power Plant
- India made its currency freely convertible in 1993-94 for—
- Trading only
- Investment purposes only
- Trading and investment purposes
- Trading, Investment and tourism purposes
- Accelerated depreciation allows for—
- Greater deduction in the price of an asset during its earlier years to reduce their effective tax rates
|piktfej ifek yifey kkhie ‘kaifetj. p Hkias
|ijfe pjpy kE y (iky kyy kjkiia) ikikia iye (itkjy iye (tairr|?iyi yik kkj ‘(ifek.) kjk yy kjyk.
|910Z kpe TeiJ. lyta Hl!?jyn.t*
|yap yy iye ukk 2kaj 0£ kaak iikiifeia
Iikkj. ikk PPJIrB ja pJk kE Ekky iye IkkJ (sstregjMhfejkELykjaEaykyyyyika iia iai ik ja ifeya y. y*.kyj ‘iak E14 y. yita iifekj yyykk kky y kya y yiikE iifet jk
|^cykjayi pifea iat Ek yayj kkyijkiy =sjyyjafe kE-^at
yE ‘ia ‘yfe iafe •• TyiPja
i| jkja lkfe (Swppig aswAsg) foiojtj P|>hfeJ Ik tijfey yfe>J : IP>lh
life jhue. ukj y Jit. (»pp?g) iPfrtpn? yik yikik kElk kEE HPtV ayia ayja ija
l(B ykfe pajlkh ^mpptg 3AB3J03S) ihtijjfe
kE ih EE JJ^>lh kE y iak > yik a>jitayj jk jMPypj sWiyjibfe yk kiakj kfegynjlk hi ik ilblte jk (saPT!!^3;! ppiwpajJ JHMPhoIkh yby-tfep |y yilfe
kfejkia ykia kkjfej a jaiPffkj iye y
l^k (>lb l^tJ|oJ-?hl^|K yhk hi ln>lk .y y|3
y Ltiafej l>>jl?tj^ : Ifrttjijfi Trtltljfi djy kkjk M jk (aijay) yy kyjkj y (thjte y*,hia ‘ifea •’ ii^^h
( jail jbk y
Eh h-pl(R hti tfe hhll Vlb yiB mS (H ) l|. ntU£A Ikkj .hkjjhia kliy y> ilSy3 $l jjkja
I>IS jh<yj’s-[A yk ^|K»ts> >yj> yfcgt) £ Etfejlt
Ih iy yM> jy yya >ihfi?£ yyj ‘I k>(-tfey> kE life ay ai kjfeie iiEk ?ktj y> JiUlte tltei-aikkj kE yt ak : iframy Tytyil d|. U2fe. JJhja jk yi&ik = Mfeti ikEa iy kjjfefejk fttfc <*> jib [k (k(S IPIhib iye lk$>>lfe ‘ipyam> 11 fe£ by^llfe WJK tfekjl^a kfesk life, aya ifeh : IhhJUft klkjjE dikE <y y/E : k>pg iHlfe life IU>lb PIPb h yfe tbhE tl^| h&kp
kpya ay ak ‘ia •* ir?tt]>^ WyA
(‘ilk lilt, jk Igltjk hits (ill PlfWh) : b*Pa ikik
-HPkp life lltkhjk ‘Hlifek ik tfepjpcb ‘Ebj life hhib Ve life
ana jfeL >kik life kiiiaa ‘ibkjykik ija ilEk life JEteikli. : ll?4j>|^ kltyri lEiffik J^l (Ik ^ |h>E-tfc>p h-kjbj ^ feilh ^E. Jk Ifetikj. tfep Ithto Jlfe l^k. ^hlte : bkhk ll^lh (nit*) Vipj
kaE kM m MEti. kin % &tmz)
life mife, it^ jik 4 fell hfe^jii lfek .4 M>(h ^0 lfe(>h lfe4 kbjkj tfej^fefe ‘Jfe ijSi jikjk^ ,|>,!fe|ji (this yj Elkkh ^ ^ bjyti. 4 hii ppjEk ijjte ^iife EE hkji£ IkhlE •• Iftrtpifi klkyi dpa. Jkfe 4ifej|t jjihie yike •* ^ksie l| ilfekh Jh >lbl?ok tfek£ Hjte | Jhlfe ijhk Jlfe (>M>fr»mt$) ItfeW pE>IKiIH> lib tfej lfelh t(. Jt tfe tfeyjyh tfei) : Ikkjiip Trtipy^
Ikllfefe life bl>B> 4 kfeii ^ klh^ ^E : ig feydttkh yhi«fe p ‘g ns» tfej>E ppi>h>h hjjte PJ-tfeih pke Jaia-telB. ^ hlifefej Jkp ^lh>J(tfe ‘ilhElkh >(t : Elfeyfe
iMikk lfek a ,h laia hPjkh yfe
ib>jp kkyk (El ):^ksie
i| yfe ifeik yfe kiay i|JS kllfellia ‘lb>jp Infejfe illfe £ ||.
yk jfeife yfe |b^i> tbj-k> tbu iklkfe ha*jh >tfe^ 4 tifeifejh i^e ifek litPhjp 4 >ytft<k 4|te Ink y^ a kiih: Eityi;
l| jtfe ifeife yhik- yfe jik ‘Elikk hlk pika tk: j^tsie
IllpkJ Vkbk’ life yiife kPfejPJPJR life
ky yha ^E pai «fej,pfe ‘114a hkik isfe yia
(feh pj p ‘y> iin>(i p y>tb tsp -aE’thE^iip ^E yabj ‘Milk Inkk [pltfe life bfeb) |E y khEa-yiik yy: ihaj>(fe. Tfiikya dy y-kyk in>i<*> tae •• atsa
life In>|tfe lfek (h Ik life kkk
p -ali-ihii-^ite ‘ia jk: ikayjjk Ti-ypyti
c|. kkjka^kte Ikkyk pih E% p •a’h-tk’h^it*- >p t*»p life yiife ifeik itfehlfe ‘Eikyk ‘hj (k : KiziK nat*, ViiAj ^ bik ifek yay yE y
fehateiye yiih pjhPte yfe yey ytk yy lykikakih. kaja ikyaa ISfeate J£k h ksh h |Jk-ilifekfeia p^loj
iifeifej Jain kiisi kaE y aky. feyaia mye aia p yya y zioz
|( kiki ik8S )
eioz >hi? ‘aE’E’lkE
- aE’^^ia yy yayj ‘iai iay y (‘aE’^^ia) iky aijbkjika kyaia iik?ifeia kE ay feik yjaa kE ‘p kia lyaj ka ooz/szz y^a jy >jtjp|feia ^E kj iai aa aiinija ayja iys jkk j^ie klk kE kia p jamakp p yy pa kia ayaiyj ak iu?ipp ayia ik kis ^(p>h >p I»>jfep|p^ atfe?fejy^ y^E ypp >pj (passnoog) p^pk pit, fejh ^ fe^ik yhfe
a ifey ifeife( >itfeyta ak yya-p ja tap y >it*P!feik life jriEpip up kfejk aE Ik fek ‘mfek ai ii^E y kya p p jyna. kiajkj. yya-p kk >tfehiyyj ‘iai=
2E life isaia ikys a yaa yaa yy iy tiajiife kk h^aift ay y ka ip tyatyki tkkafejya ‘yfeayyEp ‘iikiza ‘phk ‘t^khp-felk ip^hj ‘kfe^
pfri»pa ‘-aE-ihE-^ia iky y pay, in ypyj ‘yE kfek pi-ppy y ycEaa Pita ± tb[y ^y y(a-p na kaa kkyate jy Eyiai ‘ibyj jgy h^ykik y Pjhyj y jyy iikkj. kya y «sk-iikiii8ia kia y ntfei– (s-jiy kE yy ia yia yik yha yy a lfejy iky ay y pE-iikhiSia uai ipipe ik: lk laiklklk tfejqtfelkkj p yi/aE-y/E fep iai. trt>y a pjypik aia p ypyaa fea? 1 iikiyyjkyjkta kas yt, y itkya ikj ik- (py^» y Ik y kk ‘Ikk lls kp ak :kkte i^i>i^ ilk IkkU&Lti. yh.
ikel kkykk y aia p. ipa^ [ktp kpyMe ik. Hk.fjh kk£ a_- aKipi ppjk iktp y kajl ya ikya y® 1^ PPIk jnEtailh kite yfe It*,- t, yfe jikijh yaa y y iPi^ka pha a life Piife y mbit p. (oih yaa bajp-~-
|( mm mss) eioz itn.’Uhii’liK Tiin^ –
ikkj aiiiih m aaya i?aa p^jp
p. ikiat ya in(t*>?ajE pyjiy ya ikmikhEysa
jykiy kkirnia ^ yii kka y aSya jy jy% yy
|a iai jiaj
fej^ ki ||i Jk ^k^laa – titfej. kia mtkke ) l i_: 2k IkU ^.ikkiak iSjEkiai ^-fe^kk =fe ijte hi
*oh ik PipE 1^ pt iPt*»a jy ^.>t*> a kitai ik8s y (yk aaa yk jyjyt p»*)a k ti-ziaz iaya iky. y i| yk kaa ya^ yk (tikskyi •tfe^-ja y life, kipp t*>bik- aibiiii^l ‘y|ia’kE ikyjiiy TyiPijt;
- Greater deduction in the price of an asset during its middle years to reduce their effective tax rates
- Greater- deduction in the price of an asset during its later years to reduce their effective tax rates
- Greater deduction in the price of an asset during its entire period span of working life to reduce their effective tax rates
- Which of the following fund managers is slated to launch a hedge fund which accounts for the effects of natural disasters in its investment model ?
- Bill MiUer
- David Einhorn
- Bill Ackman
- Jeffrey Gundlack
- The Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) is one of the exchanges making a bid for the London Stock Exchange. ICE also owns the—
- Deutsche Borse
- New York Stock Exchange
- London Metal Exchange
- Goldman Sachs recently invested
………….. , Africa’s first ‘unicorn’
- Takealot Online
- Africa Internet Group
- The ‘Pattersson Cycle’ pertains to—
- Telecom Sector
- Mining Sector
- Aviation Sector
- Technology Sector
- William Goldman uttered the “Nobody Knows Anything”. He was referring to—
- Hollywood Insiders
- Corporate Auditors
- Stock Market Analysts
- Weather Forecasters
- Which of the following women economists won nobel prize in economics ?
- Joan Robinson
- Elinor Ostrom
- Esther Duflo
- ‘Commuted pension’ refers to the portion of the corpus which is—
- Withdrawn on retirement from the service
- Converted into an annuity
- Transferred to one’s spouse’s retirement corpus
- Bequeathed to one’s descendants
- Which of the following companies was purchased by Warren Buf-fett, soon after it was embroiled in a ‘salad oil’ scandal ?
- See’s Candy
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Which of the following was India’s first private sector mutual fund scheme ?
- Franklin Bluechip
- HDFC Top 200
- Kotak 30
- Taurus Star Share
- Which of the following goods are termed as ‘Veblin Goods’ ?
- Whit Goods
- Luxury Goods
- Brown Goods
- Basic Goods
- The first and the only Bharat Mata Mandir was constructed in 1930s in—
- Payments to ………… can also be
made through credit card.
- National Pension Scheme
- Mutual Funds
- Public Provident Fund
- Employees Provident Fund
- Which of the following statements is incorrect about Senior Citizen Savings Scheme?
- Retirees of more than 55 years of age are eligible
- Entire retirement proceeds or ? 15 lakh, whichever is higher, should be invested
- The retirement proceeds should be invested within one month of retirement
- Retirees earn extra 1% interest on their investments, as compared to others
- Which of the following Asset Management Companies, dethroned HDFC Mutual Fund in February 2016 ?
- Reliance •
- ICICI Prudential
- Franklin Templeton
- Whenever a commodity is in ‘Contango’ its futures price is the spot price.
- Same as
- No relation between the two prices
- As per a proposal of Union Budget 2016-17, long term capital gains tax can be avoided by investing the gains in—
- Art Funds
- Mutual Funds
- Start-Ups related funds
- Debt-Oriented fund of funds
- Which of the following statement is incorrect about Standup India Mission?
- Standup India is one of the flagship schemes of the Modi government
- It aimed at providing loans between ? 10 lakh and ? 1 crore to entrepreneurs
- It aimed at providing loans to the backward sections of the society and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and women entrepreneurs to start or expand their businesses
- It helps small entrepreneurs without any discrimination
- Which of the following statements is incorrect about Panama Papers leaks ?
- These papers provided information about the establishment of companies in tax haven countries such as Panama to avoid taxes
- Leaked documents relate to a Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca, which is said to feature links of over 500 Indians to firms and accounts in offshore tax havens
- The names of Film Star Amitabh Bachchan, his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai, her parents and brother figured in the leaked documents as being directors in a firm in the British Virgin Islands
- The papers have the names of top industrialists of India
- Which of the following resigned after his/her name appeared in Panama papers ?
- Icelandic Prime Minister Sigmundur David Gunnlaugsson
- Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaj Sharif
- Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe
- None of the above
- In which state is the prohibition not in operation ?
- Gujarat (B) Bihar (C) Mizoram (D) Haryana
- Which of the following statements is incorrect about First Bi Monthly monetary policy review of 2016-17 ?
- Repo rate was reduced by 25 basis points from 6-75 per cent to
- 5 per cent
- Reverse repo rate has been increased to 6 per cent from 5.75 per cent
- GDP growth is projected to improve gradually to 7-6 per cent in 2016-17
- The bank rate which is aligned to the MSF rate stands at
- 5 per cent
- What percentage of foreign direct investment in India comes through automatic route?
(C) 85% (D) 98%
- Which of the following companies has launched a ‘Digital Price Index’ for measuring inflation ?
- Miscrosoft (B) Google (C) Amazon (D) Adobe
- (A) (E) 3. (D) 4. (A)
- (A) Petro China achieved this landmark only in 2007. However, some observers discount it, as only 2% of its capital was ‘free- floating’.
- (B) Its payment gateway allows merchants to accept payments directly from the bank account of the customer, thus obviating the need for any payment card.
- (D) It was an accord among France, Germany, Japan, USA and UK to* depreciate US dollar in relation to Japanese Yen and Deutschmark mark by intervening in currency maket.
- (C) It is a convenient way to invest in mutual funds, whether one chooses to invest a lump-sum amount or through systematic investment plan(SIPs) and can be set up by giving a one time instruction to the unit holder’s registered bank account.
- (B) It indicates the quantum of borrowing for purposes other than interest payment. Thus, zero primary deficit means that the total borrowing of the government is for interest payment.
- (B) The Coffee House, established in New York in 1793, also served as venue for trading in stocks, before the brokers finally moved to NYSE’s own building.
- (C) Formerly ‘Alipay’ it owns and operates online payment platform offers mobile payment services; sells insurance products online and provides small loans to the businesses that set up virtual storefronts on Alibaba’s retail websites.
- (C) The Bombay Talkies was set up as a Joint Stock Company inl934 and was listed on Bombay Stock Exchange.
- (A) 14. (D) 15. (C) 16. (A) 17. (A)
- (A) The proposed hedge fund is called Seismic Value Partners. The fund will make bets based in part on a computer model designed to predict natural disasters. Miller is best known for his success to manage Legg Masson.
- (C) ICE is an American network of exchanges and clearing houses for financial and commodity markets. It owns and regulates 23 regulated exchanges and market places.
- (D) Arthur Patterson, co-founder of Accel Partners, postulated that the tech industry follows approximately 14-year cycles-eight years of growth and six years of retrenchment. This pattern has been observed since 1960s.
- (B) Elinor Claire ‘Lin’ Ostrom won the Nobel prize in economics in 2009 for the analysis of economic governance.
- (A) This could either be the whole or part of the corpus, depending upon the limits imposed by each scheme/country.
- (C) It involved part-financing a fraudulent company promoter, in 1963, who produced loans on the strength of consignments of water, masquerading as salad oil consignments. Amex lost about 58 million US dollar, and its stock fell by 50 per cent.
- (A) It was launched on December 1,1993.
- (B) The term refers to goods for which demand increases with the increase in price, because of their exclusive nature and appeal as a status symbol. The term was coined after Thorstein Veblen, an economist.
- (C) The temple was constructed by militant-patriot Shiv Prasad Gupta at Varanasi in the 1930s. It was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi.
- (A) The investors have to bear a 1% transaction fee on such investments.
- (D) There are no preferential rates of interest. The current rate is 8-6% annually since Aprill, 2016, which will be reviewed quarterly.
- (B) Its AUM was ? 1-74 lakh crore as against HDFC’s ? 1-7 lakh crore. HDFC held the top slot since October 2011.
- (C) Capital gains upto ? 50 lakh can be invested in certain approved Startup fund of Funds. The investment carries a three- year lock-in-period and premature withdrawal will result in the tax benefits being reversed.
- (D) 35. (D) 36. (A) 37. (D) 38. (D)